The first NEST: programming and testing PICUS

Posted by openPicus | On: Apr 18 2010

A new post from Kiev (UA) – Volcanic ash will allow me to come back in Rome?!? Anyway we are proceeding on the roadmap, volcanic ash or not!

We decided to proceed with the samples of the WIFI module and in the same time to realize samples of a first NEST (evaluation board).

It’s very simple: USB powered, USB to Serial FTDI Converter for programming and all the PICUS signals on confortable screw connector to avoid soldering and so on for a fast testing of applications.

Do you think we are missing something?

10 Comments

1. Alejandro says:

Looks great for me, then this will be kind of motherboard? and modules will be connected around it?

2. picus says:

Yes Picus will be inserted in the Female connector JP12 and all the signals are on the other JPxx connectors where you can easily screw wires (sensors etc)
    The board is USB powered or by JP10 and the external UART can be switched from USB-Serial converter (programming) to normal UART (run mode)

3. Anonymous says:

sarebbe interessante aggiungere alcuni sensori per rilevare temperatura, intensita di luce, e altri ancora, magari usando un conettore tipo scheda SD lasciando poi alla fantasia della gente per eventuali acessori.

4. stefano says:

A nice-to-have feature could be a 64KB or 128 KB RAM extension for temporary data logging, in addition to PIC on-board RAM.

5. Anonymous says:

Where’s the pic software?
    Can i show it?

6. Alejandro says:

I agree with Stefano.

7. picus says:

Maybe we can use external I2C memory no?

The software is coming, we are waiting for some info from Microchip

8. stefano says:

Ok for I2C to keep costs low, but transfer rate is critical. Is it possible running at High Speed Mode (up to 3,4 Mbit/s)?

9. picus says:

Microchip standard libraries for I2C is 400kbps, but we checked and we are sure that with a new sw development we can reach 3,4 Mbits/s
    Maybe somebody already developed the high speed mode for 24F microchip, we are checking

10. Thanks a lot for share this great post.. Really like this one and wanted to share it with my friends. Keep posting this type of post.