Are you an independent consultant? An electronic design company? A software company? Maybe a system integrator? Read carefully this post, we want you to make business with Flyport!
IoT and smart objects (killer applications for Flyport) are the best examples that ’Hardware is the new Software’ - according to Chris Anderson interview - and openPicus wants to be a primary actor on this fast growing market of Internet connected hardware, but to reach this goal we need YOU!
What’s the Design Partnership
openPicus is an open and innovative company and now we want to innovate also on the sales channel. That’s why we started the Design Partnership program, to have onboard the actors who are adding values to our Flyport (in terms of consultancy, firmware development, hardware development and more).
The Design Partnership is an official agreement between us and the selected partner that will give both parties several advantages:
- Exclusivity on customer: yes the customer is yours and will continue to be. Sharing this info with us will avoid any unwanted contact between the customer and us, but in the same time we can talk with you to let you be successful on your business. We want a long term relationship, so this is a fundamental point for both of us.
- Realtime support: our Design partners will have access to our engineers to receive fast answer on technical questions or free information on a project analisys.
- Manufacturing: sometimes your work ends when the project is developed and you gain nothing on your brilliant project. We can help you! As you know we have in-house manufacturing facilities and you can try to propose us as manufacturing partner for your customer. We can work commissions based and you will continue to gain and to support your customer.
- Visibility: we are very active on the web, but also on other “real life” channels. You can get the advantage to be exposed on our website (in the special section), so for example a customer can look for its nearest Design Partner to develop his project and contact you directly.
- Discounts: we provide volume prices to our Design Partners and special conditions. You will be free to set the price to your customer and sometimes you are selling a product that has Flyport onboard so you can even hide the price of each component.
- Special products: we are under development of a new line of products and these products will be sold ONLY through our Design Partners. This new product line will be very interesting for professional users and with a really high market potential.
- openPicus news: we will share with our Design Partners news about new products and development here. We will organize visits and Skype meetings to have a strong relation with you.
Design Partnership candidates
The program is open to the following profiles, we will talk with the candidate to understand company skills, experience and marketing actions. But basically these are the right profiles to join the Design Partnership:
- Independent consultants (people who are gathering customer needs, with or without an R&D structure, we can be your R&D and manufacturing!)
- Electronic design companies (normally using Flyport to speed up the time to market of a project and to rely on a stable&community tested technology)
- Software companies (working on vertical markets, for example Internet based monitoring for agriculture. We can rely on openPicus to develop/manufacture the hardware while you focus on your online solution)
- System integrators (normally using Flyport as part of a structured offer, for example with expertise on RFID or Home automation and more. We can be your one-stop solution to provide you a custom hardware even if you have no 100kpcs production)
How to apply
If you are interested to join the Design Partnership program please contact us and provide us a brief description of your company. Then we we’ll send you all the information about how the Design Partnership program works and we can also arrange a Skype meeting if needed .
Be fast! We are already receiving lot of requests!